A daily Christian thought from:
ACP, The Church for the American Christian who is a Patriot
Pro-Christ, Pro-Life, Pro-Constitution.
34 Duck Pond Road
Harrison, Maine, USA
Pastor Rev. Robert Celeste ACP/MCAC
Special Guest Pastor Rev. Jim Marstaller, Pastor of The CornerStone Gospel Church in Naples, Maine
Important Note: Starting Monday May 22nd, 2006, the thoughts will be posted Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays at 7PM. I have cut the newspaper way back so that I can do the thoughts on a daily basis.
Rev. Bob Celeste
Today's thought is for men who have, expect to have, or pray to have a daughter or two.
You know, one day that little girl of yours is going to meet a boy, a boy she falls head over heals in love with and thinks she wants to marry.
Or one day some boy is going to come up and ask you if he can date your daughter.
And Hamor communed with them, saying, "The soul of my son Shechem longeth for your daughter: I pray you give her him to wife." (Genesis 34:ACP/KJV)
So, while I don't have any daughters, Pastor Jim Marstaller does. One day while we were discussing boys, girls, and marriage, he told me that when it came time for his daughter to start thinking boys, he had a few questions to ask the boy before he could take his daughter out. He has been kind enough to let me have his list and I have been kind enough to share it with you all.
Guys, the Lord has entrusted you with that little girl, be careful who you entrust her virginity to. While, I've been told, little girls can throw some wicked temper tantrums, God has placed in them a strong and abiding love for their daddies. Only you can destroy that love and trust that God has placed in them for you.
SUGGESTED QUESTIONS FOR FATHERS TO ASK POTENTIAL SONS-IN-LAW
(These questions may be handled between father-in-law and son-in-law together; they may be answered orally or in written form; they may form the basis of regular "Discipling"during the engagement period of the daughter. This is not a test. Instead, it gives each an opportunity to know one another. Some questions may be asterisked as important; other questions may be checked off not to be answered.)
1. WHO ARE THE THREE MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE, BESIDES THE LORD?
2. WHAT ARE THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE?
3. WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU WISH TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE?
4. WHAT IS YOUR POLICY ON BORROWING/OWING MONEY/CREDIT CARD USAGE?
5. ARE YOU A VIRGIN?
6. HAVE YOU EVER HAD AN HOMOSEXUAL EXPERIENCE? AT WHAT AGE? MULTIPLE TIMES?
7. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN MARRIED/DIVORCED?
8. DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE BEEN CONVERTED TO CHRIST?
UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES? AT WHAT AGE?
9. WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU PREFER TO LISTEN TO?
10. WILL YOU RAISE YOUR CHILDREN TO KNOW THE LORD AND TO
ATTEND SUNDAY SCHOOL AND CHURCH?
11. WILL YOU TITHE YOUR INCOME CONSISTENTLY TO THE LORD?
12. UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES MIGHT YOU FEEL RIGHT IN
DIVORCING MY DAUGHTER/YOUR WIFE?
13. WHAT CHURCH ARE YOU NOW ATTENDING REGULARLY AT ITS
MAJOR SERVICES? ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THAT CHURCH?
14. WHAT CHRISTIAN SERVICE HAVE YOU PERFORMED THROUGH OR
OUTSIDE OF YOUR CHURCH? DO YOU WITNESS FOR CHRIST?
15. WILL YOU ASK MY DAUGHTER TO SHARE HER INSIGHTS IN MAJOR
EVENTS/DECISIONS YOU WILL FACE? IS YOUR SEXUALITY UNDER AND SUBMITTED TO CHRIST'S LORDSHIP? DO YOU HAVE A HABIT OF TOUCHING WOMEN ON THE BACK OR SHOULDER?
16. TO WHOM DO YOU TURN FOR COUNSEL AND ADVICE?
17. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO CHANGE IN YOUR PARENTS?
18. ARE YOU ON GOOD TERMS WITH YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS?
19. HAVE YOU EVER POSSESSED OR USED ILLEGAL DRUGS?
20. HAVE YOU EVER USED A OUIJAH BOARD?
21.WHO DO YOU BELIEVE IS THE MORE SPIRITUAL, MY DAUGHTER OR YOURSELF?
22. DO YOU NOW HAVE, OR HAVE EVER HAD, A SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE?
23. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ARRESTED? WHAT WAS THE CHARGE?
24. HAVE YOU BEEN BAPTIZED BY IMMERSION? AT WHAT AGE?
HOW LONG AFTER YOUR CONVERSION?
25. ARE YOU WILLING TO SPEND ONE YEAR IN A BIBLE COLLEGE?
26. DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE LORD'S PRE-TRIBULATIONAL,
PRE-MILLENNIAL RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH?
27. WITHOUT RESEARCHING IT, WHAT IS YOUR PASTOR'S NAME?
28. WHAT VERSION OF THE BIBLE DO YOU HABITUALLY USE?
29. ARE BOTH YOUR PARENTS BELIEVERS? IF NOT, WHICH IS?
30. ARE BOTH PARENTS COLLEGE-TRAINED? IF NOT, WHICH ONE IS?
31. ARE YOU A READER? WHAT KIND OF LITERATURE DO YOU READ?
32. ARE YOU A "COUCH POTATO"? WHAT TV PROGRAMS DO YOU
33. DO YOU ENJOY DATING IN A GROUP AS WELL AS ONE-TO-ONE?
34. DO YOU BOTH ENJOY SHARING BIBLE INSIGHTS AND DO YOU
PRAY TOGETHER OFTEN?
35. DO YOU ENJOY BEING IN OUR DAUGHTER'S HOUSE WHEN HER
MOTHER AND I ARE PRESENT?
36. DO YOU PREFER SOAP OPERAS OR SITCOMS ON TV MORE THAN YOU
DO OTHER TYPES OF PROGRAMMING? WHY?
37. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE UNCLE OR AUNT, AND WHY?
38. DO YOU ENJOY HAVING YOUR SIBLINGS' CHILDREN, YOUR NIECES/NEPHEWS AROUND IF THEY HAVE ANY?
39. ARE YOU UPSET WHEN YOUR PLANS FOR AN EVENING OR OUTING
ARE DISRUPTED OR CHANGED BY OTHERS?
40. WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO GIVE YOUR PERSONAL TESTIMONY IN
A MEN'S SHELTER OR A MEN'S BIBLE STUDY?
41. HAVE YOU HAD THE JOY OF LEADING A FRIEND OR NEIGHBOR TO CHRIST?
42. APPROXIMATELY HOW MANY BIBLE VERSES DO YOU KNOW BY
HEART? EVER BEEN ENROLLED IN A BIBLE MEMORY SYSTEM?
43. WHEN DO YOU EXPERIENCE BEING MOST IMPATIENT?
44. ARE YOU OVERWEIGHT BY MORE THAN 20 LBS?
45. HOW LONG HAVE YOU LIVED AT YOUR PRESENT RESIDENCE?
46. ARE ANY OF YOUR RELATIVES MISSIONARIES? OR HAVE BEEN?
47. IF YOU WORRY, WHAT ARE YOU MOST WORRIED ABOUT?
48. WHAT COULD YOU DO TO LOSE YOUR SALVATION?
49. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT SUNDAY SCHOOL, ABOUT THE
50. DOES SINGING HYMNS, SONGS, OR CHORUSES GIVE YOU PLEASURE?
51. HOW FAR ARE YOU IN YOUR EDUCATION? WHAT MAJORS?
How much love, trust and obedience has God put in that little girl's heart for you, her dad?
Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he passed over Gilead, and Manasseh, and passed over Mizpeh of Gilead, and from Mizpeh of Gilead he passed over unto the children of Ammon.
And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said,
"If Thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands, Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD'S, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering."
So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the LORD delivered them into his hands. And he smote them from Aroer, even till thou come to Minnith, even twenty cities, and unto the plain of the vineyards, with a very great slaughter. Thus the children of Ammon were subdued before the children of Israel.
And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter.
And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, "Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the LORD, and I cannot go back."
And she said unto him, "My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the LORD, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the LORD hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, even of the children of Ammon." And she said unto her father, "Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows." And he said, "Go..." (Judges 11: 30-38a ACP/KJV)
Jephthah's daughter so loved, respected and obeyed her father that she was willing to die to save his honor and to prevent him from breaking his oath to the Lord. That love is God given and your daughter has it too.
Lord please give fathers not only love for their daughters, but the unswerving desire to protect them, to love them, to preserve their virginity, to obey Deuteronomy chapter six and teach them about You and to make sure that the man they allow the hand of their daughter to pass into is a man indeed, a Christian man whose life is dedicated to You. Amen.
Sha'al shalowm Yruwshalaim.
Never ever forget this: There aint no purgatory!
To send an e-mail or to reach anyone on the staff of either ChristianPatriot.com or Christian-news-in-maine.com use this link to go to the form page. The form will allow you to contact anyone on either staff at anytime. To contact ChristianPatriot.com click here.
The difference between a true preacher and a false preacher comes down to this. The true preacher uses God's word to convict of sin, the false preacher twist God's word to justify sin. The Lord our God, Christ Jesus be with you always, amen.
The Lord our God, Christ Jesus, be with you all and please keep your pastor and me in your prayers. Amen. My prayer daily is "Lord please bless those tenfold who bless me."
Pray for the President, pray for Attorney General John Ashcroft, pray for me, pray for all those who open their mouths or take pen in hand in an effort to sway public opinion.
The Lord God of the Universe, Messiah Y'shua be with you all, amen.
It is better to be a horse fly in the stables of the Lord Jesus than the CEO of hell.
All Scripture quoted, in both sermons and daily thoughts, except when done by a guest, is from the ACP/authorized 1611 King James Version. The words in red are those quotes of God the Son, the Lord Jesus and the words in purple are those qoutes spoken directly by God the Father and the words in this sickly greenish color are of satan. But all of the Bible is spoken by God and should be viewed as God's handbook for us to run our lives by 2 Timothy 3:16.
Click here for: Previous Daily Thoughts for the year of our Lord 2005.
Previous Daily Thoughts for the year of our Lord 2004. Home to ACP
Previous Daily Thoughts for the year of our Lord 2003.
For all of the links to
Previous Daily Thoughts
prior to 1 January 2003, click here.
free web counter