A daily Christian thought from:
ACP, The Church for the American Christian who is a Patriot
Pro-Christ, Pro-Life, Pro-Constitution.
34 Duck Pond Road
Harrison, Maine, USA
Pastor Rev. Robert Celeste ACP/MCAC
Associate Pastor Mr. Steve Burzlaff, Elizebeth, Kentucky
Special Guest Pastor Rev. Jim Marstaller, Pastor of The CornerStone Gospel Church in Naples, Maine
Important Note: Starting Monday May 22nd, 2006, the thoughts will be posted Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays at 7PM. I have cut the newspaper way back so that I can do the thoughts on a daily basis.
Rev. Bob Celeste
Two days ago we looked at the questions a father should ask any and all young men coming to seek the hand of his daughter. Today we shall look at the questions a mother should ask each and every young lady seeking the hand of her son. These questions will help you know if she is truly a young lady. For remember, all are born either male or female and they grow up to be young men and young women. However, not all become young gentlemen and young ladies. That is determined by behavior.
First of all just what are you looking for in a bride for your son? Well Proverbs 31:10-28 has a pretty good description, so let's take a minute to look at it before we proceed to the 52 questions.
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
Sound like the type of girl you want taking care of your son? The kind you want raising you grandchildren? Have you raised your son to be both worthy and able to deserve a woman like her?
If so, let's look at the questions you want to ask her. Remember, this should be a discussion between just you and her and ideally it should take place at your kitchen table when just the two of you are in the house.
SUGGESTED QUESTIONS FOR MOTHERS TO ASK POTENTIAL DAUGHTERS-IN-LAW
(These questions may be handled between mothers-in-law and daughter-in-law together; they may be answered orally or in written form; they may form the basis of regular "discipling"during the courtship period of the son. This is not a test; it gives an opportunity to know one another. Some questions may be asterisked as important; other questions may be checked off not to be answered.)
1. WHO ARE THE THREE MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE, BESIDES THE LORD?
2. WHAT ARE THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE?
3. WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU WISH TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE?
4. WHAT IS YOUR POLICY ON BORROWING/OWING MONEY/CREDIT CARD USAGE?
5. ARE YOU A VIRGIN?
6. HAVE YOU EVER HAD A LESBIAN EXPERIENCE? AT WHAT AGE? MULTIPLE TIMES?
7. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN MARRIED/DIVORCED?
8. DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE BEEN CONVERTED TO CHRIST?
UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES? AT WHAT AGE?
9. WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU PREFER TO LISTEN TO?
10. WILL YOU RAISE YOUR CHILDREN TO KNOW THE LORD AND TO ATTEND SUNDAY SCHOOL AND CHURCH?
11. WILL YOU TITHE YOUR INCOME CONSISTENTLY TO THE LORD?
12. UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES MIGHT YOU FEEL RIGHT IN DIVORCING MY SON/YOUR HUSBAND?
13. WHAT CHURCH ARE YOU NOW ATTENDING REGULARLY AT ITS MAJOR SERVICES? ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THAT CHURCH?
14. WHAT CHRISTIAN SERVICE HAVE YOU PERFORMED THROUGH OR OUTSIDE OF YOUR CHURCH? DO YOU WITNESS FOR CHRIST?
15. WILL YOU ASK MY SON TO SHARE HIS INSIGHTS IN MAJOR EVENTS/DECISIONS YOU WILL FACE?
16. IS YOUR SEXUALITY UNDER AND SUBMITTED TO CHRIST'S LORDSHIP? DO YOU HAVE A HABIT OF TOUCHING MEN ON THE
BACK OR SHOULDER?
17. TO WHOM DO YOU TURN FOR COUNSEL AND ADVICE?
18. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO CHANGE IN YOUR PARENTS?
19. ARE YOU ON GOOD TERMS WITH YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS?
20. HAVE YOU EVER POSSESSED OR USED ILLEGAL DRUGS?
21. HAVE YOU EVER USED A OUIJAH BOARD?
22. WHO DO YOU BELIEVE IS THE MORE SPIRITUAL, MY SON OR YOURSELF?
23. DO YOU NOW HAVE, OR HAVE EVER HAD, A SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE?
24. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ARRESTED? WHAT WAS THE CHARGE?
25. HAVE YOU BEEN BAPTIZED BY IMMERSION? AT WHAT AGE? HOW LONG AFTER YOUR CONVERSION?
26. ARE YOU WILLING TO SPEND ONE YEAR IN A BIBLE COLLEGE?
27. DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE LORD'S PRE-TRIBULATIONAL, PRE-MILLENNIAL RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH?
28. WITHOUT RESEARCHING IT, WHAT IS YOUR PASTOR'S NAME?
29. WHAT VERSION OF THE BIBLE DO YOU HABITUALLY USE?
30. ARE BOTH YOUR PARENTS BELIEVERS? IF NOT, WHICH IS?
31. ARE BOTH PARENTS COLLEGE-TRAINED? IF NOT, WHICH IS?
32. ARE YOU A READER? WHAT KIND OF LITERATURE DO YOU READ?
33. ARE YOU A "COUCH POTATO"? WHAT TV PROGRAMS DO YOU WATCH REGULARLY?
34. DO YOU ENJOY DATING IN A GROUP AS WELL AS ONE-TO-ONE?
35. DO YOU BOTH ENJOY SHARING BIBLE INSIGHTS AND DO YOU PRAY TOGETHER OFTEN?
36. DO YOU ENJOY BEING IN OUR SON'S HOUSE WHEN HIS FATHER AND I ARE PRESENT?
37. DO YOU PREFER SOAP OPERAS OR SITCOMS ON TV MORE THAN YOU DO OTHER TYPES OF PROGRAMMING? WHY?
38. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE UNCLE OR AUNT, AND WHY?
39. DO YOU ENJOY HAVING YOUR SIBLINGS' CHILDREN AROUND IF THEY HAVE ANY?
40. ARE YOU UPSET WHEN YOUR PLANS FOR AN EVENING OR OUTING ARE DISRUPTED OR CHANGED BY OTHERS?
41. WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO GIVE YOUR PERSONAL TESTIMONY IN A WOMEN'S SHELTER OR A WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY?
42. HAVE YOU HAD THE JOY OF LEADING A FRIEND OR NEIGHBOR TO CHRIST?
43. APPROXIMATELY HOW MANY BIBLE VERSES DO YOU KNOW BY HEART? EVER BEEN ENROLLED IN A BIBLE MEMORY SYSTEM?
44. WHEN DO YOU EXPERIENCE BEING MOST IMPATIENT?
45. ARE YOU OVERWEIGHT BY MORE THAN 20 LBS?
46. HOW LONG HAVE YOU LIVED AT YOUR PRESENT RESIDENCE?
47. ARE ANY OF YOUR RELATIVES MISSIONARIES? OR HAVE BEEN?
48. IF YOU WORRY, WHAT ARE YOU MOST WORRIED ABOUT?
49. WHAT COULD YOU DO TO LOSE YOUR SALVATION?
50. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT SUNDAY SCHOOL, ABOUT THE CHURCH SERVICE?
51. DOES SINGING HYMNS, SONGS, OR CHORUSES GIVE YOU PLEASURE?
52. HOW FAR ARE YOU IN YOUR EDUCATION? WHAT MAJORS?
OK, now that you have read the questions and seen question 45, you can see why it is so important to ask these questions when it is just the two of you.
It isn 't very often that I get to write a thought just for mothers, so as long as I have your attention, I want to show you a neat trick to use with youngsters and baby Christians to get them to more easily understand and enjoy the Bible.
Let's say you are reading Psalm 84 verse 10 For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness. Now that might be a bit difficult for a youngster to grasp, so you may want to paraphrase it a bit for him or her. Something like this. "For one day with Jesus is better than a thousand days with your best friend here on earth. It is better to be a mosquito in the barn where Jesus keeps his horses than it is to be the President of the USA."
For an immature Christian or one seeking you might try this with John 3:3, Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. While pretty straight forward to us, this may confuse a non believer, so you might paraphrase it like this: "Basically what Jesus said to Nicodemus was this, If you are not Born Again, you will spend all eternity in the lake of fire."
Ladies, the Lord God of Creation, Christ Jesus, has blessed you with a son. You have raised that boy to know and serve Christ, and now it is time to find him a wife. Don't drop your guard, for remember, if all goes as is normal, she is still going to be his wife after you are in the hands and arms of the Lord Jesus.
May the Lord our God be with and bless you, may He give you the strength to not only raise your son in a godly manner, but see to it that he has a godly wife to raise and homeschool your grandchildren. Amen.
Sha'al shalowm Yruwshalaim.
Never ever forget this: There aint no purgatory!
To send an e-mail or to reach anyone on the staff of either ChristianPatriot.com or Christian-news-in-maine.com use this link to go to the form page. The form will allow you to contact anyone on either staff at anytime. To contact ChristianPatriot.com click here.
The difference between a true preacher and a false preacher comes down to this. The true preacher uses God's word to convict of sin, the false preacher twist God's word to justify sin. The Lord our God, Christ Jesus be with you always, amen.
The Lord our God, Christ Jesus, be with you all and please keep your pastor and me in your prayers. Amen. My prayer daily is "Lord please bless those tenfold who bless me."
Pray for the President, pray for Attorney General John Ashcroft, pray for me, pray for all those who open their mouths or take pen in hand in an effort to sway public opinion.
The Lord God of the Universe, Messiah Y'shua be with you all, amen.
It is better to be a horse fly in the stables of the Lord Jesus than the CEO of hell.
All Scripture quoted, in both sermons and daily thoughts, except when done by a guest, is from the ACP/authorized 1611 King James Version. The words in red are those quotes of God the Son, the Lord Jesus and the words in purple are those qoutes spoken directly by God the Father and the words in this sickly greenish color are of satan. But all of the Bible is spoken by God and should be viewed as God's handbook for us to run our lives by 2 Timothy 3:16.
Click here for: Previous Daily Thoughts for the year of our Lord 2005.
Previous Daily Thoughts for the year of our Lord 2004. Home to ACP
Previous Daily Thoughts for the year of our Lord 2003.
For all of the links to
Previous Daily Thoughts
prior to 1 January 2003, click here.
free web counter