A daily Christian thought from:
ACP, The Church for the American Christian who is a Patriot
Pro-Christ, Pro-Life, Pro-Constitution.
34 Duck Pond Road
Harrison, Maine, USA
Pastor Rev. Robert Celeste ACP/MCAC
Mr. Steve Burzlaff, Elizebeth, Kentucky
Special Guest Pastor Rev. Jim Marstaller, Pastor of The CornerStone Gospel Church in Naples, Maine
Are these perilous times we live in? If you asked me that question, I would have to answer you by saying, yes, but they are more than just perilous times, they are very perilous times.
Let's start by looking at some verses that deal with theses times.
1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and His disciples came to Him for to shew Him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. 3 And as He sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of Thy coming, and of the end of the world?"
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in My name, saying, 'I am Christ'; and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.
And there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for My name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. (Matthew 24:1-13 ACP/KJV)
Look carefully at what Jesus said, and read again verse 9: Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for My name's sake. Take note that Jesus did not say persecution everywhere except in the US of A.
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:
From such turn away. 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,. (2 Timothy 3:1-6 ACP/KJV)
As you read what God tells us through His dictation to Paul, do you not see today? Let's look at them one at a time, with more modern terminology for some of the pronouns.
1. Lovers of themselves. Do you understand who the god is to those who follow the religion of evolution, Mormonism, and others? It is man himself. But more, look at the politicians, many of the preachers in liberal churches, some of the more so called conservative preachers who refuse to use the name of Jesus at funerals, are they not putting themselves ahead of God?
2. covetous To covet is to look at something that belongs to another wishing and dreaming that it was yours. That could be a boat, a car, a house, a job, a life, an anything. I have known men who coveted another man's guns, another man's garden, another man's children.
3. boasters You know, boasting is not only with the mouth, it is with dress, and behavior as well. Don't you understand that when you drive a car you can afford at the expense of giving to God's work you are boasting? Do you not understand that when one wears a bikini she is boasting, she is saying, "Look at me, I have a great body." She is not saying, "Thank You Lord for this body you gave me." No, she or he is saying: "look here, eat your heart out, I have a great body!" Boasting without words.
4. proud Guys, there is nothing wrong with being proud of your son when he comes to you at 12 years old and says, "Dad, I have given it long and hard thought, I know it is going to be hard, I know my peers are going to ridicule me, but I want to give my life to Christ." There is nothing wrong with being proud of that boy. But when you go out and brag about him to others, then you have crossed the line. You are now being "proud." And if you have crossed the line by bragging about that boy, how much more when you brag about something of lesser value, such as a car, a 401k retirement plan, a wife, an animal or garden, tv or radio, job or position in life or even the church?
5. blasphemers Now, here is the first of the end time things described by Paul that separates the Church from society. 1-4 are shared problems, we see it more in society, but we also see it within the very Church as well. But here, blasphemy, here we separate for if you hear one being a blasphemer, you can, I believe put that person in the unsaved column.
Yet blasphemers are becoming more and more common. You are hard pressed to go anywhere where non Christians are without hearing God blasphemed. Televison and radio, magazines and newspapers are full of it. Back when Comrade John Kerry was running for the democratic nomination for President, his web site was full of cursings and insults of God. None of that could not have happened publicly even forty years ago.
6. disobedient to parents Yes we are back to shared problems, for Christian children are, while not as bad as secular children, becoming very disobedient as well. I think this is due to a number of reasons, of which television, public schools, media and society are a part, but so are parents. When was the last time you put your son over your knee and walloped him good for saying "no" to you?
7. unthankful Yes, we in the Church do in fact share this trait with the unsaved. I have a friend, no not a friend, a sister, a big sister, her name is Joan. She has cancer and she thanks God that it is her and not her husband or kids. She thanks God because she says it could have been worse. She is thankful that she only has cancer. She is thankful that she has a wonderful God filled husband. Joan is the exception, not the rule in the Christian community. I get so tired of hearing whiners, always complaining about how bad things are, how bad their life is, how they never have enough of this, that or another thing.
But it is worse in the unsaved world. Just look at the complaints coming out of those who lost family members in 9-11. We, the people of the US through donations and taxes have given each of them over 1 million dollars, yet have you heard a giant "Thanks" or have you heard silence, or worse, complaints? Look at the blood suckers of New Orleans, nary a thank you, just cries of " give us more, give us more." How about France, Germany, China, Korea, Japan, Indonesia, and the list goes on, heard a thank you? Me either. "unthankful"
8. unholy Thank God, this we do not see in the church, for to be "unholy" is by definition one who is not saved. For once one becomes a true Born Again Washed in the Blood of the Lamb Christian one is holy because we are part of that Holy One, we are holy because He is Holy. But what about the secular world? Halloween, the high holiday of satan is about to pass Easter in popularity. Do you understand the significance of that? The high holiday of lucifer is about to become more popular and more widely celebrated than the High Holiday of Christianity.
How unholy a nation and world have we become? The number 100 porno site gets more hits in 3 hours than the numbers 1-10 Christian sites do in 3 months. A Promise Keepers' function on a weekend in New York City drew about 5,000 men some from as far away as Maine.A Sea Dog's ball game in Portland, Maine on a weekday draws that many. College games draw tens of thousands, professional games can easily have over ten million watching. Think about it, 5,000 show up to praise God and millions stop everything to watch grown men playing a game of sandlot ball. unholy? If Paul had a vison of earth today, when God said to him add "unholy" to the list , Paul must have said under his breath, "Man is that an understatement!"
9. without natural affection Do you know what "without natural affection" means? It means not having the natural love you should automatically have for God. So by it's very definition, we in the Church are not part of this group but look around, look at society. How much love for God do you see out there? Can having, doing or allowing an abortion to happen be showing love of God? Read this carefully women and girls . When you go to church wearing sexy outfits you are not glorifying God, you are glorifying yourself and you are showing your contempt for God, His word, the preacher, and every Born Again Washed in the Blood of the Lamb Christian in attendance. And if you think you look cute you are wrong. If you're not selling quit advertising! If you're not a a slut then don't dress like one! Or at the very least take it outside.
10. trucebreakers Yes, I'm sorry to say this is a trait the Church has with the unsaved, again not as bad, but every bit as prevalent. Nations break truces, but so do people. Even Christian people. There are many a Christian who has not abided by our truce with the Indians, the blacks, the folks who are of different colors and ethnic background. What truce do we have with them you ask? Well, when you asked Jesus into your life, you at the same time asked Him to let you be part of His family. Guess who else is in that family of His and now yours?
There is not much we can do about the world breaking truces, it is going to happen. It has been happening and it will only get worse. Used to be a man's word was his bond, but today most contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on. But there is plenty you can do, as a Christian, to stop being a "trucebreaker." You can start by going to the Head of the Family , Christ Jesus and asking Him to help you get rid of your prejudices, to help you stop cheating people with fine print.
11. false accusers Yes, we, like the unsaved world, falsely accuse. I'm going to tell you of two instances that I know of. I know of a woman who attended a church, a good solid Christ preaching and fearing church. She wanted a more liberal pastor, one she could control, one who would do what she thought was best. So she started working to undermine him. She worked hard and long at this, and one day the pastor found out and called her into his office. He confronted her with the information he had. She started being very rude, let the description "rude' suffice.
After she finished ranting and raving about how bad he was and this that and another thing, he said to her, "You should kneel down before me and ask my forgiveness." Not a good choice of words, but when you take into consideration that this man had faithfully served and led this church for some fifteen years, had tripled its size and was debt free, you might start to understand that maybe he didn't think before saying: "You should kneel down before me and ask my forgiveness." She went out and started to falsely accuse him by saying that he had told her to kneel down before him and implied that it was sexual. That church has yet to apologize to that pastor and it now has a much more liberal pastor and a woman assistant pastor, and is drying up on the vine.
The other example is one in which the pastor stole some $35,000 while the lady who was the check writer was on vacation. He then blamed it on her while she was gone. The elders of the church, after finding out the truth, decided to keep it quiet and not go public so as to avoid any more unrest.
In both of the above cases a person's reputation has been ruined in the eyes of man, by a " false accuser. "
But outside of the church false accusers are rampant. Go spend a day in court and you will be amazed at what you hear. Listen to the way Tony Snowe and other heathens jumped all over Rev. Pat Robinson. Listen to the way the heathens in the press attack, with lies and false accusations, the President. Televison, the newspapers, magazines and radio are full of false accusers making accusation after accusation. Do you remember when Katie Curic and others in the communist press accused Rev. Jim Dobson of being the influence that caused two yung men to kill an overt homosexual predator in Wyoming a few years back?
It is going to get worse guys, look back at the words of Jesus in Matthew 24: "Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for My name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many." Yes guys it is going to get much, much worse, but in the end, The Christ wins and we with Him.
12. incontinent Know what " incontinent" means? The Greek word is "akrates" and it means powerless, without having self control. Powerless, without self control. Yes, we in the church are plagued with this, not to the same extent as the heathen, but we are also under the spell of " incontinent"too. Doubt me? Than why are so many of you addicted to pornography? Why is it that so many of you can not control yourselves to tithe? Young Christian, how is it that you can not obey your parents? Could it be you have no self control? Could it be that for all of the above examples it is that you are powerless? Well let me let you in on a secret, you can avoid it, you can regain both power and self control, you just can not do it on your own.
I'm going to tell you another story, a story about a young baby Christian named Eric. Eric is in his mid twenties. He has recently, within the last year, come to belong to the Lord God of Creation, Christ Jesus. Eric has a drinking problem. First he hid it, then he started asking for prayers for it and finally he agreed to, before he went out and bought any booze, to call one of the older more mature Christian men in the church. Guess what, Eric is on his fourth week without a drink. So, yes you can regain self control, you can put aside being powerless, you just can't do it in a vacuum. You need to go to the family and ask for help. Put pride aside, ask for help. Ask and thou shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you. Sound familiar? Think Jesus said it to hear Himself speak? Or do you think Jesus might have said it for your edification?
13. fierce you know what, I think we will hold off on the rest till later, this is now page forve and there is still one more point I want to make.
Over the last few weeks we have been into the meat of Genesis 1-11. Did you know that there are many so called 'modern' versions of the Bible that insinuate that a day is not a day, but an eon, a period of time, a something other than a literal 24 hour day? How badly would we, as Christians, be persecuted if we were unable to find a true Bible? A Bible that has the true and absolute word of God? One in which you can trace the original languages of Hebrew and Greek with? For me, that would be worse than being killed.
There is another sign of the end times you should be aware of for it is upon us. Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it. (Amos 8:11 &12 ACP/KJV)
I'm going to upset a lot of preachers, friends and publishers with what I have to say next, but, it is not them I am put on earth to serve, it is Christ and you. If you do not have an original King James Bible, go get one! Get two, use one and keep the other in a safe place, a place where neither government, nor man can find it, a place known only to you and your wife. For the time will come when the blasphemy will be so great that it will be hard to figure out the truth. Doubt it? How hard is it to figure out what you as a dad are supposed to do to discipline your kids? Are you not overly influenced by the laws of man? With the word teaching evolution, which is anti-Christ, satanism, how hard will it be to lead one to Christ when even the Bibles mock His word by saying millions and millions of years, instead of six literal 24 hour days.
Lord God of Creation, give us strength. Help us Lord, deliver us from evil and help us to understand that the time is short, that we are to be looking for you, not at pornography or another's wife, car, boat or life style. Lord, help us to spend 20% of the time we use to watch televison in Your Book, the Holy Bible. Amen.
The Lord be with and bless you all and please keep me, Jim, Steve, Channing and Cecily in your prayers. They are the working backbone of Christianpatriot.com. Amen.
If you live in the Naples, Maine area, keep in mind that starting Friday October 6th and for the next five Friday nights after tha,t at 6:30 PM we will be doing a Genesis 1-11 series and seminar at the Cornerstone Gospel Church in Naples. You can call me or use the form to e-mail me for further information. There will be child care and there will be snacks. I am not going to try to convince you to leave your church and attend ours, and there will be no request for money. Nor will I tolerate any disruption. Discussion yes. Disruption, NO!
PLease pray for Danny Calhoun, Danny and Theresa Gilpatrick, Seth Winslow, George Robert and this ministry and all involved with it.
Never ever forget this: There aint no purgatory!
Lord Jesus, please give women a love for their babies, from the moment of conception on, let them love them I pray Thee. Amen.
The Lord bless you all and may He heal Mel's eyes and Myra's ears. May You be with Colby as he is now out of boot camp and into Fleet Marine Corps, A Christian babe amongst many a wolf.
And Lord I ask You to bless those who bless me and mine tenfold for the blessing they are to me.
To send an e-mail or to reach anyone on the staff of either ChristianPatriot.com or Christian-news-in-maine.com use this link to go to the form page. The form will allow you to contact anyone on either staff at anytime. To contact ChristianPatriot.com click here.
May the Lord understand the importance of Mac, Cecily, Steve, and Rev. Jim Marstaller to this ministry. Lord I need them both healthy and able to continue to hold up their ends. Lord this cancer of Mac's is starting to get in the way, this ministry needs him whole, just a thought Lord, is all it will take, just a thought on Your part.
There is a young man, a veteran who suffers from some kind of chemical weapon exposure, in a Veterans hospital in Colorado, he is young, and he is Saved, yet his wife just abandoned him. Please pray for him, Lord, help him and deal with her and those who hurt him, we ask this of the Father in Your name Lord Jesus, amen.
The Lord our God, Christ Jesus, be with and bless you all, amen.
The difference between a true preacher and a false preacher comes down to this. The true preacher uses God's word to convict of sin, the false preacher twist God's word to justify sin. The Lord our God, Christ Jesus be with you always, amen.
The Lord our God, Christ Jesus, be with you all and please keep your pastor and me in your prayers. Amen. My prayer daily is "Lord please bless those tenfold who bless me."
Pray for the President, pray for Attorney General John Ashcroft, pray for me, pray for all those who open their mouths or take pen in hand in an effort to sway public opinion.
The Lord God of the Universe, Messiah Y'shua be with you all, amen.
It is better to be a horse fly in the stables of the Lord Jesus than the CEO of hell.
All Scripture quoted, in both sermons and daily thoughts, except when done by a guest, is from the ACP/authorized 1611 King James Version. The words in red are those quotes of God the Son, the Lord Jesus and the words in purple are those qoutes spoken directly by God the Father and the words in this sickly greenish color are of satan. But all of the Bible is spoken by God and should be viewed as God's handbook for us to run our lives by 2 Timothy 3:16.
Click here for: Previous Daily Thoughts for the year of our Lord 2005.
Previous Daily Thoughts for the year of our Lord 2004. Home to ACP
Previous Daily Thoughts for the year of our Lord 2003.
For all of the links to
Previous Daily Thoughts
prior to 1 January 2003, click here.
free web counter