95% and counting. Tuesday October 22nd, 2002, 6415 years since the fall of man.
It has now been one thousand nine hundred and sixty nine and a half years since they took and crucified the Lord Jesus. Just before the Jews and Italians got to together to do satan's bidding, the Lord was walking with His disciples and as He walked with them He said, concerning the Temple: "See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down."
And He was asked: "Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of Thy coming, and of the end of the world?"
And Jesus said to them: "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but My Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."
So, what was it like back in the days of Noah? What were they doing that so upset God that He brought on the flood and destroyed every air breathing creature except those that lived in the water and those He brought to Noah to be saved on the ark? Well, that really isn't so hard to answer, not when you think about it and study your Bible. Let's look at the time frame.
First God created the world, the heavens and all things on and in them, including man and woman. We haven't the slightest idea of when that happened, but this we do know, it was six thousand four hundred and fifteen years ago that Adam and Eve sinned and were cast out of Eden, and up until that time there was no death.
Sixteen hundred and fifty six years later, God caused the earth to be flooded.
Isaac was born in the year 2108 and died 130 years later in the year 2238 after the fall of man. His descendants, the children of Israel lived happily in Egypt for forty years or so and then were captives and slaves in Egypt for 400 years.
Moses lead them out to freedom in 2668 and they were given the Ten Commandments around the year 2670.
So, about one thousand years after the flood came the Ten Commandments. Do you think that perhaps God gave Moses and the children of Israel the Ten Commandments so that they would know how to live to avoid another catastrophe like the flood?
If so, let us look at the Ten Commandments and see just how far we are from living as they did before the flood or before God gave us His rules to live by.
1. I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before Me. Yet, today deny the one God, we accept muslims and hindus and goat worshipers.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:... Even so called Christians, like the Roman Catholics, Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox and others, join with hindus and buddhist in bowing themselves down to statues of men.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh His name in vain. If God had added, in every sentence that you speak, we might be safe, but in today's world, it seems as though we are bombarded with the Lord's name being used in vain or even as a curse.
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Remember it and keep it holy? In today's world, we can't even remember it, never mind keep it holy. Can you think of anything different between Sunday, the Lord's day and Monday? Look around you on a Sunday, how many are even giving the Lord a thought, never mind keeping His day Holy?
5. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. This is joke, right? Honor your father and your mother? Not if the governments of the world can help it. Today we turn to government not family and in doing so, government has become dad and mom to many. And fathers are irrelevant. Stepfathers are, in today's society, pond scum.
6. Thou shalt not kill. Unless it is a baby in the womb, an old folk or a nation that disagrees with you.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Did you know that adultery is no longer against the law, but is instead considered 'only' a moral issue.
8. Thou shalt not steal. Well, cheating on your time card, over staying breaks and pilfering the company of pens, paper, pencils and other trivial things is no longer considered stealing, nor is it when you call in sick and aren't.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor. Gentlemen, I would say to you that today, lying is considered a way of life. A president of the Untied States commits perjury and the United States Senate says that it is not as criminal as spitting on the sidewalk. Lying has become so prevalent that today our kids are taught that there are no absolute truths.
10: Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbors. Covert means envy. You should not envy what others have is what the Lord God is saying here, yet, entire adverting campaigns are built upon getting you to envy and desire what your neighbor has. We are taught to work seven days a week and do anything and everything we have too to get enough money to have new cars, new homes, 401k's summer places etc, etc, etc.
So, if what the Lord was saying is that when the times are such that all of the Ten Commandments are being broken all of the time, then we are 95% of the way there. Or maybe 99.9%.
Think maybe it is time for you to put aside your timidness and get out there and do a little evangelizing?
The Lord be with you all.
God blessed America when she feared Him, now it appears, she may face His wrath.
For Christian, Patriot and honest secular sites, please click here.
For all of the links to Previous Daily Thoughts prior to today, click here.
want a real bible study?
free web counter