Ethics 101 Wednesday December 18th, 2002
Over the last ten years more and more questions have come to light about ethics. Ethics of our government, ethics of those who preach, ethics of the courts, the police, the schools, teachers, administrators and kids.
As we see more and more contrast between the Clinton and the Bush administrations, we can not help but realize how little ethics the Clinton administration had and how they demonstrated how sad and bad things could be when the leaders at the top are devoid of ethics, morals, honestly and courage.
Now, as we more and more discuss the nations lack of ethics, we see this lack of ethics demonstrated by those who bring us the nightly national news. And hear about it as one major corporate leader after another causes his or her company to fail through lack of ethics, honesty and morals. We find ourselves, as a nation, debating how to return to the ethical Christian society of our roots. and more important whose ethics we should teach and use.
As we approach the new year, I too would like to join the fray. I would suggest we teach God's ethics, I would suggest we teach His Ten Commandments.
1. There is one God and only one God and that God is the God of the Bible, the God who created all heaven and earth in six days. And in these United States we shall neither have nor worship any other.
2. You shall never make nor worship statues of any kind nor cause or lead any other too. Under no circumstance should you ever take the chance of having a curse placed upon your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren by worshiping any other than the Lord God Creator of all things, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, for the three are one.
3. You shall never, under any circumstances use or take the name of the Lord God in vain.
4. Remember to keep Sundays free of work, remember to worship the Lord on Sunday' s for it is the Lord's day. For the Lord God, Christ Jesus, made all heaven and earth along with all things in them and on them in six days and on the seventh day He rested.
5. The Lord God has placed you in the care of your father and your mother, He did this so that you would have a family and good teachings, therefore you must honor your father and your mother.
6. You are not to take innocent human life, you are to murder any human in the womb or out of the womb in a cold and calculating way.
7. You are never to engage in any act of sex out side of marriage. You are to have no sexual relationships with any other than your husband if you are a woman or your wife if you are a man. For the Lord God created man and woman to be the father and the mother of a family.
8. You shall not steal. You shall take nothing that is not yours, regardless of the value of it, if it is not yours, and you take it, it is stealing. If you are bing paid to do something and do not do it yet take compensation for it, you are stealing. You are not to steal.
9. You shall not lie. You shall always tell the truth.
10. You shall not be envious of what others have, regardless of what it is, material, spiritual, health or whatever, for it is not yours it is some others, and to lust over something someone else owns or has is to be a worshiper of other than the Lord God Christ Jesus.
That's it, ten simple rules to live by, ten simple rules to teach our children in school and from the pulpit and in the homes, ten rules that if we live by them, we will please not aggravate God.
Now I know some of you are looking at them and saying, "what's pastor crazy, doesn't he know the ACLU will be on our case so fast it would make our heads spin if we even mentioned them at a school board or public meeting"?
Yes, my dear friends, brothers and sisters, I realize that, but that will bring out one really good reason to both do it and fight the communist anti-Christ ACLU and others that will oppose these ten rules. Is there any better lesson we can teach our young than the lesson that when something is right, it is worth fighting for.
May our Lord help us through the coming year, may He guide or President and may He protect and lead to salvation our troops. And may He most of all cause a revival to take place in our nation starting in the pulpits.
God blessed America when she feared Him, now it appears, she may face His wrath.
For Christian, Patriot and honest secular sites, please click here.
For all of the links to Previous Daily Thoughts prior to today, click here.
want a real bible study?
free web counter